Lost in VW heaven

Whatever you want to put in the back of your VW...
Tjaart
Drip
What model do you have?: 1600 SP Beetle

Lost in VW heaven

Post by Tjaart »

O.K.now with the Beetle engine trashed(look at what kind of engine) the options are as wild and wonderful as there are exotic places in this world. To get a type 4 engine in the bug , sound nice,but that bleddie oil cooler is in the wrong place.Any suggestions there.I would like the thing to look like a Beetle afterwards. How the hell the guys get 94mm sleeves and pistons in a bug block is another mystery. Somebody give light please.

Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Re: Lost in VW heaven

Post by Tony Z »

you can buy kits with 94mm pistons and sleeves designed for the T1 engine....

look for my suicyde engine in projects section and read some of the tech pages
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Tjaart wrote:O.K.now with the Beetle engine trashed(look at what kind of engine) the options are as wild and wonderful as there are exotic places in this world. To get a type 4 engine in the bug , sound nice,but that bleddie oil cooler is in the wrong place.Any suggestions there.I would like the thing to look like a Beetle afterwards. How the hell the guys get 94mm sleeves and pistons in a bug block is another mystery. Somebody give light please.
The oil cooler stays in that place if you use IMPI's fan housing shroud kit to convert the Type 4 into upright :D
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser
What model do you have?: a Few Models
Facebook: Pierre Bugger Eksteen

Post by Bugger »

Take a look at the engin bay this was a 2.1L Type 4 in my one Oval bug and I built a all steel fan housing with the twinport fan in the housing and sealed the engin compartment from hot exhaust air comming in and had a long 4th gear in there for highway croozing with out any cooling problems

And this is my Other Type 4 2.3L turbo motor with 2x BMW 50mm throttles on and a modyfied glass fibre and steel fan housing and all the bottom tin ware still bolts to the top housing for propper cooling

And this was one tank of fuel and 3 clutches with 200mm flywheel set up before I used 228mm clutches from the 2.1 and Type 4 and can handle much more power than a beetle one
Adapterplates Available for Rotary in Beetle and others aswell
And Special Boxes built for Rotary Conversions and Scubies
Pierre
082 600 8663

CLick on Banner Below to be routed to the Web site