Solar for Autovilla

Give details and pictures of your ACVW projects here.
Autovilla007
Drip
What model do you have?: 81 Autovilla
South Africa

Re: Solar for Autovilla

Post by Autovilla007 »

Wow, Bugger thanks for that info. I would love to have a set up like that. I will continue my research on prices but already know that to duplicate your full set up would be out of my price range. Sean has some good points too, however a lot has been stripped from the Autovilla I'll be getting. It has a brand new, very tiny 220V only fridge. There is no oven or stove. No cushions, no table etc. at the rear. So quite a bit to spend. I'm also weighing up, if I get a gas stove/oven does it make more sense to get a 3 way fridge as well? So, within my budget, it may be turning toward a gas vs. full solar consideration. i.e. gas primarily with a small solar just to keep the battery charged for the 12V lighting, or a solar for fridge, lights etc. and only a small gas cooker. Bugger's solution is so ideal because I intend having the Autovilla set up for long term stay and wouldn't have to " break camp" to drive into the nearest town to get regassed as often. But, alas as said before, with the purchase of a snomaster, panels, batteries, chargers and inverters I'm trying to work out the short to long term benefits and costs. Thanks for everyone's continued input.

Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser
What model do you have?: a Few Models
Facebook: Pierre Bugger Eksteen

Post by Bugger »

Again give us actually more info on your plans
Are you a retired individual going to travel and as mentioned stay at places for long intervals

And will you have Access to 220v?

Info 220v available
1x330W panel
10A solar charge controller
1x normal vehicle battery

As a start this will help you quite alot

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adapterplates Available for Rotary in Beetle and others aswell
And Special Boxes built for Rotary Conversions and Scubies
Pierre
082 600 8663

CLick on Banner Below to be routed to the Web site

Autovilla007
Drip
What model do you have?: 81 Autovilla
South Africa

Post by Autovilla007 »

My apologies for seeming vague. As yet I cannot be certain of what I will have access to or not. My plan is to live in the Autovilla and travel into the Natal midlands and Drakensberg, hoping to find work where I can. Keeping costs low will be essential, so staying in caravan/camp sites will have to be kept to a minimum. I would expect that where I can find work I should be able to get 220V access aswell. But, for the times I don't, I would like to be as equiped as my budget allows.
I appreciate everyone's inputs (and humour) here. Everyone has some advice/opinion/experience that I can draw from.
Bugger
Advertiser
Advertiser
What model do you have?: a Few Models
Facebook: Pierre Bugger Eksteen

Post by Bugger »

Glad we could help

Yip equipment is always budget related

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adapterplates Available for Rotary in Beetle and others aswell
And Special Boxes built for Rotary Conversions and Scubies