VWHeritage - astounding service.

Get your parts here
Forum rules
Post only parts for sale here, no vehicles.
acpaterson
Carburettor
What model do you have?: Winston, a 74 Bay
South Africa

VWHeritage - astounding service.

Post by acpaterson »

The other day, a guy I work with came and asked some questions about my Bus and motor. Discovered he has a nice '70 Beetle he's busy fixing up. Was asking about pushrod tubes and so on, and I said I was very impressed with VW Heritage in the UK and the quality of their products, however we're always at the mercy of the broken SA Postal system.

Anyway, this guy places an order for a replacement set of proper tubes, as well as the chrome half-moon shape hooter ring for his steering wheel. He placed the order on Thursday night, and apparently went through the standard prompts in the purchase process. He says he doesn't recall seeing an option for how it was shipped.

That box walked through the office door on Monday Morning before 12:00 mmidday!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That means one working week day and the weekend, to leave VW heritage, get into DHL's system, and fly here on a 12 hour flight, clear the incoming process, and be delivered to his work address by Monday morning! :hangloose:

You seriously have to admit that is AWESOME service! 8)

Alan

TurboLlew
Drip
What model do you have?: 1974 Beetle 1.6 TP
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ramsagar
South Africa

Re: VWHeritage - astounding service.

Post by TurboLlew »

That is amazing. Will try to order a few things from them to see as well.

A few European based suppliers are good at this... to the extent that they said dont bother with aramex (who i use for international purchases) we will sort you out. I have also had an item (For my BMW) ordered 6AM Monday and fitted to the car mid day Wednesday. They certainly take service seriously.
73type2
Pushrod
What model do you have?: '73 T2 Single Cab
France

Post by 73type2 »

Amazon also seems to very good at delivering stuff quickly.
Cyndi Kritzinger
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: '76 BRAZILIA '78 BAY
Facebook: yes

Post by Cyndi Kritzinger »

YA, I'D AGREE WITH YOU GUYS.
THE PROCESSING AND SHIPPING IS VERY FAST. THE PROBLEM THAT MAY OCCUR IS WHEN IT ARRIVES HERE IS S.A. WITH DHL.
ON CERTAIN SHIPMENTS I HAVE HAD TO MAKE NUMEROUS CALLS TO THEIR OFFICE TO CHASE THEM UP DAYS AFTER THE PACKAGE HAD ARRIVED.
IT IS UNFORTUNATELY THE SOUTH AFRICAN WAY; BUT YES, THE OVERSEAS SERVICE IS TOPS. (I'VE DONE 3 SHIPMENTS FOR GUYS I AM HELPING THIS LAST MONTH)
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

DHL has different shipping options. Their cheapest ends up in our postal service and that is what you dont want to happen.

I bring in parts from USA quite often and as long as I use a door-to-door service (Fed-EX, DHL, UPS...) it arrives within a few days without issue.
Donovan D
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 67 Panel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=536371512
South Africa

Post by Donovan D »

Tony Z wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:16 pm DHL has different shipping options. Their cheapest ends up in our postal service and that is what you dont want to happen.
That just happened to me, oval part from the Netherlands, got the DHL tracking number. I thought I was sorted and would get the item fairly quick.
A few days later I noticed nothing happening on the tracking number, after emailing the place I bought it from they said that it was not DHL express but the normal postal service DHL :evil:

.... So now I wait. Scanned into the system on the 5th June, last update on the tracking number was June 18th.

I have also ordered from VW Heritage, Autocraft Engineering, and Custom and Commercial all in UK, all very quick with delivery straight to your door.
---------- 67 Panelvan -----------
---------- 56 Oval ----------
73type2
Pushrod
France

Post by 73type2 »

Donovan D wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:55 pm
That just happened to me, oval part from the Netherlands, got the DHL tracking number. I thought I was sorted and would get the item fairly quick.
A few days later I noticed nothing happening on the tracking number, after emailing the place I bought it from they said that it was not DHL express but the normal postal service DHL :evil:

.... So now I wait. Scanned into the system on the 5th June, last update on the tracking number was June 18th.

I also bought stuff from a place in Germany and got very excited when I saw they're using DHL, but later found out it was the DHL postal service, as you said. I thought it would've been a struggle to get my parts, but I could collect it at my local post office three weeks after placing the order. It wasn't that urgent so three weeks was fine for me.
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

73type2 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:17 pm
Donovan D wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:55 pm

I also bought stuff from a place in Germany and got very excited when I saw they're using DHL, but later found out it was the DHL postal service, as you said. I thought it would've been a struggle to get my parts, but I could collect it at my local post office three weeks after placing the order. It wasn't that urgent so three weeks was fine for me.
be grateful, there are plenty people who have waited 6-9 months for the post office and others who never got their things at all...

I'll rather pay more for shipping and actually get the parts.
73type2
Pushrod
France

Post by 73type2 »

Tony Z wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:02 pm

be grateful, there are plenty people who have waited 6-9 months for the post office and others who never got their things at all...

Yep, I'm very grateful and think I was very lucky, judging by the sad stories I read here and elsewhere. Next time I'll follow the door-to-door route.
Donovan D
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 67 Panel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=536371512
South Africa

Post by Donovan D »

Tony Z wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:02 pm ...
73type2 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:17 pm ...
Donovan D wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:55 pm ...
Sorry for the thread hijack - Received my 'DHL' parcel yesterday from Netherlands, posted 05-Jun

---------- 67 Panelvan -----------
---------- 56 Oval ----------
73type2
Pushrod
France

Post by 73type2 »

Just over a month is not bad.
splitbusahollic
Advertiser
Advertiser
What model do you have?: a couple of buses
Facebook: vintage kombi
South Africa

Post by splitbusahollic »

We as Aircooled spares SA have been the approved dealers for VW Heritage in South Africa for the past 5 years. We bring in part lots on a regular basis (at least one order every 4 to 6 weeks, obviously with shipping being one of the more costly attributes to importing parts, we have to warrant the size of the order to make the shipping worthwhile). We carry the warranty's on behalf of VW Heritage (so if a part arrives and it's faulty or damaged from shipping ,we replace it on their behalf and sort out the exchange with VW Heritage saving you any hassles) 8)
As the Approved Dealer we also get trade discounts as well as subsidized shipping depending on the size of the order from them and in some cases are able to supply selected parts landed in SA through our shop, a bit cheaper than if you had bought it Yourself from VW Heritage direct.
We are also registered importers therefore saving you the hassle with Customs needing a vat number if you import on a regular basis.
We have some regular clients on the forum that have been buying parts from us for years now, and they seem very happy with both the service and quality.

next time you need that one small part or a bulk order do yourself a favor and get a quote from us .....
You can call the shop direct 041 4510462 and chat to Tara.
vintage kombi.co.za (Website)
vintage kombi on Facebook
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

splitbusahollic wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:34 am Image

We as Aircooled spares SA have been the approved dealers for VW Heritage in South Africa for the past 5 years. We bring in part lots on a regular basis (at least one order every 4 to 6 weeks, obviously with shipping being one of the more costly attributes to importing parts, we have to warrant the size of the order to make the shipping worthwhile). We carry the warranty's on behalf of VW Heritage (so if a part arrives and it's faulty or damaged from shipping ,we replace it on their behalf and sort out the exchange with VW Heritage saving you any hassles) 8)
As the Approved Dealer we also get trade discounts as well as subsidized shipping depending on the size of the order from them and in some cases are able to supply selected parts landed in SA through our shop, a bit cheaper than if you had bought it Yourself from VW Heritage direct.
We are also registered importers therefore saving you the hassle with Customs needing a vat number if you import on a regular basis.
We have some regular clients on the forum that have been buying parts from us for years now, and they seem very happy with both the service and quality.

next time you need that one small part or a bulk order do yourself a favor and get a quote from us .....
You can call the shop direct 041 4510462 and chat to Tara.
Hi, are you still a dealer for VW heritage? Looking for some sheetmetal for my Golf.
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
Whipme
Drip
What model do you have?: 1958 Beetle
South Africa

Post by Whipme »

Blitzkrieg wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:35 am Hi, are you still a dealer for VW heritage? Looking for some sheetmetal for my Golf.
I was wondering the same thing as the website is out of service