Forum rules
Only post pictures of YOUR cars here.
sean
Transmission
What model do you have?: Bays & Splits
South Africa

Re: My 1976 Bay Window

Post by sean »

AlanH wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:08 pm Wow, how about sharing your method of finding these gems.
Well done and enjoy. Very envious.
I didn't find it, it found me.

A fellow came to my work looking for the man with the kombis. My instructions to my staff upfront is to chase these people away, as 99% of the time, the people that come here are looking for parts they don't want to pay for, or wanting to buy a kombi and my stuff is not for sale. Its work hours as well and the last thing I need is some person talking nonsense or waffling on about a kombi they used to own 20 years ago.

Well, this chap was however insistent and said he will wait all day for me if he has to. So I did go to here what he had to say.

He was the son of the original owner of this bus. It was the whole long story of his fathers kombi, only 33000km etc etc which I've heard before only to find out its a wreck. I still didn't fall for this story, but this fellow persisted until I agreed to view it. After seeing it, well, it put things into perspective and a deal was made. :shock:

AlanH
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: '70 Westy
Germany

Post by AlanH »

Well done, Glad it found a good home.
Wanted parts:
Left sunvisor
Sink faucet
Exhaust to swap for Beetle exhaust
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

Wow! This is the first time I'm seeing this thread. You are the champion bus finder Sean!

Please tell me how to find obsolete Michelin tyre sizes.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
sean
Transmission
What model do you have?: Bays & Splits
South Africa

Post by sean »

fig wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:30 pm Wow! This is the first time I'm seeing this thread. You are the champion bus finder Sean!

Please tell me how to find obsolete Michelin tyre sizes.
https://classic.michelin.com/en

This is the website. You will see there is quite a comprehensive range they are starting with.

I purchased my set from a local importer in Ceres. I know Ceres seems like a odd place, but the owner David Wesson is a serious car collector and in the tyre business. He had the tyres I needed in stock.

This is their facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/ABCANDT/

These tyres are the real deal, but the price is something to absorb at first. They are very expensive.