Spoja's Bug

Give details and pictures of your ACVW projects here.
spoja
Drip
What model do you have?: beetle, golf, jetta

Spoja's Bug

Post by spoja »

Hi all, so after joining a couple of months ago ive finally got a chance to start a thread..

Ive had her since i was in college back in 1998 (it looked a lot more original then), served me well at the time but hasnt been used much in the last 10 years.
As im in need of a fun run around car ive decided to make a rat rod out of her. Not the low riding type though, more of an off road, big takkie, dune buggy type perfect for our superbly maintained roads and for the occasional off road trip.

So far ive started removing fugly wing mirrors and fendors. The amount of kak that clings to the front suspension componants is crazy.

Pic of the motor, not sure what it was originally, i think it was a 1500cc, the okes that rebuilt it said it is now an 1850 coz they put kombi pistons in.

Plan is to remove engine strip clean and check whats good and whats not. Hopefully with the holidays coming up ill find enough time.

Hoping to get some more time this week to continue stripping the last fender and tackle the copious amounts of bodyfiller and fiberglass thats on the body.

Im a bit of a newb at this so fingers crossed..

Cheers
Andrew

Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Re: Spoja's Bug

Post by Tony Z »

plenty work ahead.... good luck.
Keep us posted
spoja
Drip
What model do you have?: beetle, golf, jetta

Re: Spoja's Bug

Post by spoja »

After removing a door panel to check on the window winder i noticed what was used for the panel...

No wonder its a rust bucket now, they can't leave anything alone..