Car clubs and shows

Listings of VW clubs
eddyr
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: 49,53,56,57,67ect

Car clubs and shows

Post by eddyr »

If I could I will go every weekend on a Road trip or a show. The politics of car clubs are only there when you stir en get involve in the politics. I go to take a ride in my car and look at other people?s cars?
I don?t care if it Backveranda Beetle club or Vw Sport, at least we go as a team and there?s a couple of cars that we and the people that go to these cars show can admire.
Other people don?t know or care about the politics that we as VW owners create. They and me is just there to enjoy the outing. For instance, If I go to Cars in the Park, I have a beetle that is welcome at the VW Sport, but not at the VW Heritage club, The Jacaranda club will maybe think of welcoming it b?coz it will draw some attention to their cars.

So we create our own politics, or the owners or members of these clubs? So what do I do? I park the car and go and look at the other cars and don?t get into the politics. It?s just sad to see all the brands of cars standing together at a show, and 3 or 4 different VW clubs all over the show coz of politics. Or is there something I don't know...

fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

I feel the same way.

That's why the Kaapse Kombi Kult is an informal association and not a club. As soon as you have subscriptions and office bearers etc, then the politics dominates. There's already been some politics because some people from the Cape don't think we have rights to the name, and some Americans got offended at the name. All I can say is sorry for yoooooou.

At my recent museum inauguration camp-out there were several clubs/groups/individuals present who had ongoing issues/vendettas/disagreements with other clubs/groups/individuals present. I don't give a toss. All were invited and if anyone stayed away because they didn't want to see someone else, well it was their loss. As it turned out, I didn't see any of these tensions leading to conflict; everybody just had a great time, which is what the event was all about.

For me it's about the cars and the community. If you drive an ACVW I am happy to drop my prejudices and engage you as another human being who shares my obsession and my joy.
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
Merlin
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?:  Various

Post by Merlin »

The rights to what name? :o
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, and oversteer, the rear.
Hp is how fast you hit the wall, and Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
sled wrote:well obviously the UK is wrong.
eddyr
Oil Seal
What model do you have?: 49,53,56,57,67ect

Shows and clubs

Post by eddyr »

Oh Hale Freaking Lu ja !!!!

I feel the same! I just wan to go to an event show off my car and look at other peoples cars.

It?s much nicer to stand as a ?group? all together?. Coz 1 bus here and a bug there look stupid?

I must tell you a funny story. When I bought Hannes Shnetler 59 RX Ragtop, I was welcomed in the ?Back Veranda Club? in Pretoria, mainly for the reason of Hannes fighting for the right to be part of the club with his rotary beetle for 6 years

So With the AGM meeting they were busy setting a new legislation, they allowed my Ragtop, but did now allow a beetle with a VW GOLF Motor conversion?.

So were do you draw the line. The Jacaranda Club just turned 21 jears. The Oldest beetle club and they are also part of Savva for insurance purpose and so on?

The general age there is 86, so there?s lot?s of issues, but there?s a meeting and a outing 1?s a month.
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

Merlin wrote:The rights to what name? :o
The Kaapse part of Kaapse Kombi Kult. :roll:
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
flatfourfan
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Speedster Replica

Re: Shows and clubs

Post by flatfourfan »

eddyr wrote:Oh Hale Freaking Lu ja !!!!

I feel the same! I just wan to go to an event show off my car and look at other peoples cars.

It?s much nicer to stand as a ?group? all together?. Coz 1 bus here and a bug there look stupid?

I must tell you a funny story. When I bought Hannes Shnetler 59 RX Ragtop, I was welcomed in the ?Back Veranda Club? in Pretoria, mainly for the reason of Hannes fighting for the right to be part of the club with his rotary beetle for 6 years

So With the AGM meeting they were busy setting a new legislation, they allowed my Ragtop, but did now allow a beetle with a VW GOLF Motor conversion?.

So were do you draw the line. The Jacaranda Club just turned 21 jears. The Oldest beetle club and they are also part of Savva for insurance purpose and so on?

The general age there is 86, so there?s lot?s of issues, but there?s a meeting and a outing 1?s a month.
Lol, I remember when I had my old two tone beetle done and one of werners guys saw it at the trimmers and gave me information to join the club, when I did show interest and called werner and told him what I had 1970 with 63 body parts on, he said it's not original, sorry you're not welcome.....

When he saw the car a while later, he asked me why I never called him, cause he would of loved my car in the club. When I told him I called him and spoke with him, he remembered me..........Been at the vw sport beetle club since I was 19-20, with NO issues.........everyone is welcome.

I still like him though, he's a very nice guy to talk to, and we have a few laughs..........
53 zwitter split
Drip

CLUBS

Post by 53 zwitter split »

:lol: I AGREE WITH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE SEVERAL DIFFERENT CAR CLUBS, WHY SHOULD THERE BE ANY POLITICS.ITS ALMOST AS BAD AS POLITICS IN OUR NATIONAL SPORTS.
WE STARTED THE BEETLE AND VW CLUB JOBURG WHICH IS OPEN TO ANY FORM OF VW.WE STEER FAR AWYA FROM ALL THE POLICTICS AND HAVE TRIED TO KEEP IT AS FUN AS POSSIBLE.WE WELCOME ANY ONE TO JOIN US AT EVENTS AND FUNCTIONS.WE ARE A MEMBER OF SAMCA FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES AND WILL BE AT ANGELAS PICNIC ON 01\04\2007. ALL IS WELCOME TO JOIN US FOR A GREAT DAY OF DRINKS AND PICNIC AND GREAT CARS.
WE ALSO HAVE 2 HUGE STANDS AT CARS IN THE PARK AND ALL WELCOME AGAIN THERE.
FEEL FREE TO CALL ME IN ADVANCE IF YOU GUYS HAVE AN EVENT YOU WOULD LIKE US TO JOIN AND THEN WE WILL BE THERE.
REGARDS
DEAN
0846087005 :party:
Dean De Afonseca
084 608 7005
SUZIE
Transmission
What model do you have?: mini and beetle

Post by SUZIE »

Hi 53 zwitter spli

So what you saying is that I can also join your club? I am busy building a 1984 VW DC crewcab up it is watercooled and fitted with a 3 l v6
have nothing on the cards now, but have a red beach buggy in sight that I want
53 zwitter split
Drip

CLUB

Post by 53 zwitter split »

:lol: HI SUSIE

YOU MAY JOIN JOIN OUR CLUB AT ANY TIME.FEEL FREE TO CALL ME ON 0846087005.
REGARDS
DEAN
Dean De Afonseca
084 608 7005
SUZIE
Transmission
What model do you have?: mini and beetle

Post by SUZIE »

hi Dean

Here is my E mail adress, can yoe send me info about the club?

roelof.vandermerwe@mittalsteel.com ( please dont e mail pics as our firewall will not alow them )
have nothing on the cards now, but have a red beach buggy in sight that I want
Que
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: 1971 1600

Re: Car clubs and shows

Post by Que »

Gosh there's politics everywhere. I thought it was just in the horse and dog circles. I would like to join a beetle club, but which one? Any in Pta?? Please let me know
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

The best clubs to join are the following:

-The KKK
- The JHB Beetle Club
- The BlitzVw Club

By far, my favourite club is AircooledvwSouthAfrica :P
Que
Oil Stain

Post by Que »

Hi KKK? isnt that Klu KLux Klan?? :)
Do you have email addresses or something these clubs. Im in Pretoria so I have to watch distances. I live at least 30ks from town :(
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Kaapse Kombi Kult :lol: Not really a club though

The BlitzVw Club has only one solitary member :crying:

You can phone Dean about the JHB Beetle Club 0846087005
Que
Oil Stain