Pictures of your car/s
Forum rules
Only post pictures of YOUR cars here.
Klippie
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: 1973

'71 my little baby soon to be monster

Post by Klippie »

This is my buggy...... :callook: :bowdown: :deflag: :hangloose: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

!!!!enough torque to tenderize an elephant!!!!
“Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps.”
Klippie
Oil Pump

Re: '71 my little baby soon to be monster

Post by Klippie »

i have been fixing, polishing, cleaning her for a wile now. Just need a few parts. Trying to get a series4 motor for bugger to give the old bag a new heart. Also looking for porsche rims....anyone know where to find? But ja... i love this little car. its been to mpumalanga for a road trip...hassel free. just wanna share my bug with the rest of you coz i read that if you dont post pictures, your bug doesn't exist. haha SO HERE SHE IS
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
“Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps.”
beetlefanatic
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Late Bay, Syncro x 2

Post by beetlefanatic »

Nice! Almost looks like a Beetle Buddies baby.
The only substitute for cubic inches are more cubic inches.
Klippie
Oil Pump

Post by Klippie »

haha think it is, got the red sticker in the back window. Think the previous owner had it there.
Klippie
Oil Pump

Post by Klippie »

ok so had the oops...... got the parts now i start with work here are some of the pictures i took last night. I just bolted off the old bonnet. and fitted the new one. I had to remove the lockpin because the middle Fender(garder or something) Is still dented in. Because of that the lockpin and the hole doesn't align. Going to Derust the fender tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MELLO YELLOW
Valve
What model do you have?: 71 Bug, 69 Westfalia

Post by MELLO YELLOW »

Hey klippie
glad that the bonnet fits :D
I think you should leave it black just polish it to a shine then you can drive around like the dudes with thier Golfs
calooker
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 77 SP

Post by calooker »

:shock: The front valance has some nice cracks = tons of body filler :?
For what it's worth, ignorance has no limits ......
BUGGOFF
Pushrod
What model do you have?: Dc,Eagle,BugeyeBaja

Post by BUGGOFF »

The red sticker says it all.
Klippie
Oil Pump

Post by Klippie »

yellow mellow - hahaha ja im doing that now haha. but the black bonnet gave a an idea for a new paint job. so the work is just piling up.

calooker - yeah i know. im to scared to strip it off. who knows whats under there. Hopefully a pot of gold :lol: . will strip it down and see what the real damage is. Think i should just fill it up again.

BUGGOFF - That sticker is going to go off tonight!!!! will replace it with a beetle club one someday when my bug is worthy.

busy grinding down all the old paint off the fender. will post pictures tonight. here is some before pictures.
BUGGOFF
Pushrod
What model do you have?: Dc,Eagle,BugeyeBaja

Post by BUGGOFF »

Hi klippie, have a look at "My next beetle project" in the projects thread. your car got the rame symptoms.
Klippie
Oil Pump

Post by Klippie »

hey Ferdi, been going through all your projects. you do gr8 work. Just tolk bugspray that im just going to spray the parts that got damaged for now. then i will save up for a decent spray job from you. Think a quick spray will keep it from rusting for nou. and the beetle is my only wheels at this moment. the bike is already in for a respray. so gotto wait for that before i can let the beetle stand for a few months. so going to save up and then redo the hole thing.