Fresh twin port 1600 cc T1/T2 engine

Get your parts here
Forum rules
Post only parts for sale here, no vehicles.
calooker
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 77 SP

Fresh twin port 1600 cc T1/T2 engine

Post by calooker »

I built this engine a some time ago. It has many new parts, needs an exhaust and you can plug & play.
Owner decided to go the WC route so this one is available. R7500 o.n.c.o.
Phone me for more details, spec.
Rui 082 8306493

For what it's worth, ignorance has no limits ......
calooker
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 77 SP

Re: Fresh twin port 1600 cc T1/T2 engine

Post by calooker »

The engine was to have done service in a buggy but the owner decided to fit a 2L golf motor.
I rebuilt this motor about 2 years ago. Before I rebuilt it it had been done by someone else and
lasted about 1500 kms and it seized.
I found that the previous builder used the wrong size oil relief and there probably was not enough oil pressure.
It ran a big end bearing on the #1.
I got the crank cut as well as a fresh line bore, the rods were rebuilt and all new bearings.
The heads had the valves re-seated, the piston & sleeve kit was good and I reused it, the carb was new
everything else was fine.
The only issue I found was that the heads had been flycut and the CR was a little high, can’t remember how much.
The tin is powder coated silver and the block black, has a oil filter pump and a ally pulley, new clutch kit, 1 pin alternator.
Carb has a cone air filter. It will need some tin to run in a bus / beetle as it was run in a buggy previously, the owner got rid of a lot of the tin.
Papers? You will need to get a police clearance, that can only be done once it’s fitted in car.
For what it's worth, ignorance has no limits ......