Tracking for Cars

Report stolen cars here
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Re: Tracking for Cars

Post by Chris »

There are no cotracts btw.You but the producct,install it,and it works.

I for one,would use this because I have read too many horror stories with signing a contract with the tracking companies.This is a cheaper option and most likely will get my car back.

What is the difference if a car suddenly breaks down in traffic or a car that has been cut-out.I'll take that chance and it's not going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
calooker
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 77 SP

Post by calooker »

Not saying that tracking systems are no good, they sure do help but there are some shortfalls.
I read an article on tracking devises and they ran some sort of tests on a couple off the products offered, and they pointed out some of the shortfalls, in some cases the system could be disabled in less than 1 min while driving by a seasoned criminal in the passenger seat, then 2 cars with systems were parked in basements several levels under ground and no signal was received. Dealerships refuse to guarantee your battery if you have a tracking system fitted. :zhelp:
For what it's worth, ignorance has no limits ......
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

When any car gets stolen,in most cases they are never seen again.I would rather fit a system where my chances of retrieving it is increased hugely.

For someone to disarm a system while driving,he first has to know where it is located and secondly know what system it is and how to disarm it.

This sytem is installed by you and let's say for arguments sake it's located in the nose somewhere or the engine bay,how will they get to it while driving.

And my other question is,would the suspect a Beetle of having a tracking device,and are you willing to loose your vehicle completly like Bugger,Vuyo,Bill or anyone else.
Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi