2 Kombi's

No not Dalmations, pictures of ACVW's you spotted!
Klaus
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 68'Bug 69'Bus 75'SC

Re: 2 Kombi's

Post by Klaus »

If you add up what its worth without papers, i.e. windows, interior,lights, parcel shelf (which I'll buy) etc then you should get to a price (worst case scenario if you can't register it). Cut that by a few grand for a bit of a haggle, take a trailer and some notes and I'm sure you might get a deal.

You may find down on your side of the things that you might be able to sort papers with the local licence department as you know most of its story, probably a lot easier than JHB. That said I did managed to have a vehicle transferred up here with the same problem - just got a letter from the company saying its been sold to defray expenses (storage/work carried out) - and with a good attitude had it sorted

Camping is cheaper than therapy.

"Wanna sell it" "Yeah, but there's a national shortage on 'for sale' signs."

PROUDLY KAAPSE KOMBI KULT FOLLOWER
Junior
Pushrod
What model do you have?: Had a 75 + 64 beetle

Post by Junior »

So the big question is it worth R2500?
Failing To Plan is Planning To Fail
Klaus
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 68'Bug 69'Bus 75'SC

Post by Klaus »

With bells on it !

Four good brake drums will cost you almost that. If it doesnt work out for you then I want dibs the parcel shelves and I'm sure there are a few other things that I'll be keen on.

Save the Bus !
Camping is cheaper than therapy.

"Wanna sell it" "Yeah, but there's a national shortage on 'for sale' signs."

PROUDLY KAAPSE KOMBI KULT FOLLOWER
Junior
Pushrod

Post by Junior »

I am very sad to say this but I have to much on my plate at the moment to be buying another car after all I am only 16 and will have lots of chances in my life :cry: :cry: I could buy it and sell it off for parts but I would never do that to a air cooled. :hangloose: He wants R2500 and the motor is seized but there. If you need any help I will be happy to do so. :hangloose:

Ps. I have my mind set on the grey bus but I will only go speak to the owner when I have the money to tempt him with :twisted:
Junior
Pushrod

Post by Junior »

And please don't all call him now. One at a time :lol:
jolas
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: '65 Kombi

Post by jolas »

R2500 is a give away price, especially for someone living close by and just needs parts. The gearbox on it's own is worth that. But hopefully it won't go that way. :(
Junior, if you wait too long - you're gonna lose any chance of owning that grey bus - do it now dude, get the price and make plan, save for it, pay him off, whatever. Also the longer you wait, the worse the condition.
by fig » Mar 26, 2018
Sambas in South Africa are good for only 2 things: showing off and sunburn.
Junior
Pushrod

Post by Junior »

I'm planning middle of next year some time because I need to get my beetle on the road but If this yellow bus is not gone by January I will take it so guys take your time. :lol: Trust me its not the fact that I don't want the bus its just that its unfair to ask my parents for a 3rd car when you only 16 and I will never sell Bogo so until I have my own place and earning my own Dow I think that I will maybe if any thing just buy a bus and park it in the garden for a few months till I finish scrappy and have the papers sorted for it. I have just spent R6500 on new parts for scrappy today and the money is now blown!! If I had the money I would have taken it then and there so I'm going to work my ass off in December and if no one takes it by the time I have R2500 I will get my friend to pick it up and put it in the bottom of the garden where no one goes or will notice and get the papers sorted with out my parents knowing and then show it to them lol. But if some one takes it before then thats just my :bn: luck. Now I really am temped to take a loan lol :lol: NO JUST WALK AWAY!!!! :cry: :cry:
Junior
Pushrod

Post by Junior »

I don't think you guys relieze How good the seats and panels are all round it still looks new!!!! :(
Okay where do you find the vin numbers and things on a bus Like this I want to go check it out at the traffic department tomorrow :twisted: