Pictures of your car/s
Forum rules
Only post pictures of YOUR cars here.
Pharco
Drip
What model do you have?: '69 Type 3 Fastback

Re: 1969 Type 3 Fastback

Post by Pharco »

karmakoma wrote:Chris, is there a dark blue one running around PE that I could be confusing this one for :-). Nice car anyway Pharco! Did you take any pics on your nerve wracking drive ?
Sorry, no pics. I had to rush back home as the bus was more than 2 hours late. I started work the next day at 7:00 am.

Pharco
Drip

Post by Pharco »

SambaOwner wrote:Congrats Pharco

The :jerkoff: that sold you that car, gave me first option. Mailed him to buy the car as he works in Angola/Botswana, just to hear he sold it. Hope he contracts herpes :evil:
Sorry to hear that Eugene, I knew that if I did not play fast, I will lose it. I was the second guy who looked at his advert on gumtree, 23 minutes after he posted it. I immediately started to negotiate. The next day, there was already 72 visits to his advert. I then decided to give him a deposit to secure the purchase. Glad I did.
Pharco
Drip

Post by Pharco »

Chris wrote:Sorry Eugene.

Looks like the car got exported to PE. :mrgreen:

Pharco,we need to have a get together at some stage,then you can meet the other guys. :wink:
Hi Chris,

No problem. Keep me up to date with happenings and I will do my best to attend.
Pharco
Drip

Post by Pharco »

Anyone looking for a Fastback. Saw this one on junkmail site. Follow link to view. Not a bad buy I would say.

http://search.junkmail.co.za/view/Johan ... 265-200932
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blitzkrieg
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: none

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Pharco wrote:Anyone looking for a Fastback. Saw this one on junkmail site. Follow link to view. Not a bad buy I would say.

http://search.junkmail.co.za/view/Johan ... 265-200932
Phoned for sh**s and giggles now - Guy isn't selling the car anymore, but I'm helping him with some spares :wink:
If it's too low, you're too old :twisted:
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

Saw you today in Markman.Yes,the madman with the SC lowlight at the light. :lol:

Very nice car.The pics don't do it justice.
Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
Pharco
Drip

Post by Pharco »

Chris wrote:Saw you today in Markman.Yes,the madman with the SC lowlight at the light. :lol:

Very nice car.The pics don't do it justice.
Hi Chris, yes it was a quick introduction. Pleased to meet you. Yes she is a beauty. A couple of small things to sort out, but where is the fun if you dont spend time sorting it out. My car started to misfire at around 70 mph, spetimes backfiring. When I stop I heard a hissing sound. I checked and my battery was blown up. I checked the voltage while idling and it was around 19 volts. I felt the earth cable and it was loose. I tightened it and checked the voltage again. Now it was sitting around 12,9 volts. Could the problem have been the cable or is it the voltage regulator packing up? Could this cause the misfire because it was overcharging at higher revs. I checked it before tightening the cable and the volts went over 20 when i revved. Assistance would be appretiated. :wink:
Pharco
Drip

Post by Pharco »

Hi Everyone.

Just an update on the status of my Fasty. The last couple of months I have been sorting out little mechanical issues like, setting the regulator, setting the valve gaps, cleaning the carbs and other little odds and ends. The Fasty runs beautifully and I was quite surprised with the fuel consumption, considering that it has duel carbs. I am facing a tough decision now, I am battling with space since my other vehicle is a Polo Playa. I am wanting to purchase a minivan but am not sure how to go about doing it. Should I sell the Fasty, as is? Repair it and sell it? or just sell the Polo. My wife does not want to sell the Polo and I dont want to sell my Fasty, decision decisions.

I will keep you posted.
Dawie
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: Aircooled, various
South Africa

Post by Dawie »

Easy choice...

1) Sell the Polo... (it's anyway just another common appliance like a stove or washing machine),
2) If wife complains, rather get rid of wife instead of fastback...

3) Do'nt take me too seriously, But you may regret it for the rest of your life if you loose that fastback.
Staying Aircooled is so much nicer.
Do'nt assume anything- (While doing fault-finding).
Pharco
Drip

Post by Pharco »

Thanx for the advice Dawie. :lol: