Dune Buggy Adventures, Hawaii

Members can advertise their services here...
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Dune Buggy Adventures, Hawaii

Post by Pine »

The best way to go 'island hopping' :hangloose:

:arrow: http://www.dbahawaii.com/

pilot wrote:We vacationed on Oahu last month and I promised the owner of Dune Buggy Adventures (a Samba Advertiser) that I'd put in an honest good word for him. Just now getting the chance to get pics up. We rented his orange buggy with a 1641, sweet ride, for a day to ride all over Oahu. Thats the best way to see a place by far is in a buggy or on a bike, which since our 1 1/2 year old son was with us we opted for the buggy. Anyhow, here's some pics, if you're ever out that way, call Byron, great guy, great cars, in what has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Image :D

Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

Re: Dune Buggy Adventures, Hawaii

Post by Pine »

Would really not mind if I had a company offering these services! 8)
Our dunebuggies are super fun and easy to drive. They're based on VW Beetle pans, with aircooled engines, 4-speed manual transmissions, just like the originals. However, the pan has not been shortened, allowing room for 4 passengers. There's even a lockable trunk! Don't let the name fool you: These cruisers are designed for the road only. They're more than powerful enough for the freeway. And believe me, nothing is more exhilarating than hearing the engine rev and feeling the Hawaiian aina all around you. For safety, a fully integrated rollcage is installed. Each car has been professionally manufactured with quality, reliability and safety in mind. They ‘re meticulously maintained and inspected on a daily basis, so you can rest assured that you'll be driving a machine in tip top shape. Rain? No problem! A removable soft top is included. Other features: Optional rentals including surfboards, boogieboards and snorkel gear. We’ll give you a detailed map of the island and show you a bunch of cool spots to see. Numbers are limited; reserve yours today!
dubster
Valve
What model do you have?: buggy and '74 beetle

Post by dubster »

i like that roll cage safety is no. 1 especially in a buggy...maybe i can build herb one of those oneday...

*goes of and plans his rollcage*
1974 1300tp type 1

kart kraft 1717cc buggy

''BLOOD AND TEARS WILL FLOW FOR ACVW'S,FOR LIFE''
ZeroAxe
Drive Train
What model do you have?: FUmobile

Post by ZeroAxe »

dubster wrote:i like that roll cage safety is no. 1 especially in a buggy...maybe i can build herb one of those oneday...

*goes of and plans his rollcage*

Those welds on the roll cage is quite big. So that means 99% sure it is MIG welded. TIG is prefered for safety things like this. HOWEVER, a rool cage is better than none, even if it is MIG welded. Besides, is there a better way to Island Hop?
VW Enthusiast
ImageImageImageImage