Bugs: converting from disc back to drum...

Ask and give advice here
Merlin
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?:  Various

Bugs: converting from disc back to drum...

Post by Merlin »

...as the topic states, I'm thinking of converting my '67s disc-mod'd rear back to drum...how hard is this to do? Do I just replace the beam, etc. or what?

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, and oversteer, the rear.
Hp is how fast you hit the wall, and Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
sled wrote:well obviously the UK is wrong.
calooker
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 77 SP

Post by calooker »

Why would you need do do that ???? If you have to then it should be a swop over no problem, you would only need to check if you have short axles or long axles. If I recall correctly you have IRS so you will have long axles, then 4x130 PCD beetle drums & backing plate will bolt on, if you intend on going this route we can talk a deal cause I have a set of drums that will fit your 4x130 PCD wheels, let me know.
For what it's worth, ignorance has no limits ......
Merlin
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?:  Various

Post by Merlin »

Hey calooker,

At this stage it's only a thought...

Quite frankly I'm not sure why I'm thinking of doing it, I 'spose it's more of a curiosity...

This bug is not IRS, I turned that IRS chassis down as it needed major rust repairs.

Cheers, N.
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, and oversteer, the rear.
Hp is how fast you hit the wall, and Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
sled wrote:well obviously the UK is wrong.