Crank pulley oil seal keeps popping out.

Come talk £%$ with us.
german
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: none yet

Crank pulley oil seal keeps popping out.

Post by german »

This is not air-cooled related don't know where to post it. Hope someone can give me advise please. I bought a Hyundai h100 2.6diesel bakkie and the t/cover oil seal keeps popping out. No sump compression but a little bit of end flow. I don't want to renew thrust washers as it runs perfectly. Is there some kind of loctite or any other suggestions please?

Terry Phillips
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: T3,1beetle
Zambia

Re: Crank pulley oil seal keeps popping out.

Post by Terry Phillips »

german wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:11 am This is not air-cooled related don't know where to post it. Hope someone can give me advise please. I bought a Hyundai h100 2.6diesel bakkie and the t/cover oil seal keeps popping out. No sump compression but a little bit of end flow. I don't want to renew thrust washers as it runs perfectly. Is there some kind of loctite or any other suggestions please?
Have you checked the breather is not blocked, I know you say no sump compression but take the breather off and check and clean it.
You can get a Loctite but silicone sealer is as good, I don't know about the end float so much it would have to be bad before it could effect the seal. Take the tappet cover off if the breather comes from there and have a good look at the breather. Make sure you use the right seal get one from the agent it might cost more but at least you know its right .I never use a sealer or Loctite putting seals in but that's just me.
german
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: none yet

Post by german »

Thanks Terry. Yes I have checked the breather which is ok. I also tried a genuine seal and cannot see endfloat causing it but according to the agents it is a problem. I took a sharp centre punch and punched it like we used to with alternator bearings loose in the casings and will see what happens.
Thanks for your comment
Terry Phillips
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: T3,1beetle
Zambia

Post by Terry Phillips »

Sell it buy a Toyota. :lol: