Forum rules
Only post pictures of YOUR cars here.
Derek
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: 1971, 1972, 1978
Facebook: Derek Antonio Serra

My 1979 Jurgens Autovilla

Post by Derek »

I bought this 1979 Jurgens Autovilla fitted with a JT3000 V6 conversion at a very good price, flew up with my girlfriend and drove it down from Jhb via Oudtshoorn, where we visited Cango Caves and the Wildlife Ranch. Then it gave trouble, melting the rotor tip off. After taking it to the local auto electrician for repairs the same thing happened, and I decided to have it towed the rest of the way to Cape Town rather than face a breakdown in the Karoo.

On arrival in CT we discovered that it was firing on 5 cylinders due to a bent tube, which took an hour to repair. We replaced the coil and battery grounding wire as well as a CV boot, and it sailed through roadworthy the next day.
Villa4web (640x360).jpg
Villa2Web (640x360).jpg
The Autovilla is in good condition and drives very well. It has custom made stainless steel front and rear bumpers and side mirror hinges which must have cost a fortune to have made. All in all a great buy...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'70 Dormobile - 1.6
'76 Brasilia - 1.6
Klaus
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 68'Bug 69'Bus 75'SC

Re: My 1979 Jurgens Autovilla

Post by Klaus »

Great looking bus... congrats [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Camping is cheaper than therapy.

"Wanna sell it" "Yeah, but there's a national shortage on 'for sale' signs."

PROUDLY KAAPSE KOMBI KULT FOLLOWER
Tempo-Doeloe.nl
Drip
What model do you have?: Beetle & T2ab

Re: My 1979 Jurgens Autovilla

Post by Tempo-Doeloe.nl »

Wow great ride! I almost bought for 5 years a same type that was for sale in The Netherlands. I regret i did not buy it, Have fun with it!. If you like post your ride on my facebookaccount Highroofconnections.com Greetings!