Hebmuller anyone?

No not Dalmations, pictures of ACVW's you spotted!
vw59beetle
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Enjoyable one

Hebmuller anyone?

Post by vw59beetle »

I saw this car a few weeks back in Randburg. I guess if you have to cut your Beetle up , then this does not look too bad.

Wernher

flatfourfan
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Speedster Replica

Re: Hebmuller anyone?

Post by flatfourfan »

lol...............I really do not like the wizard roadster.......however, it wouldn't take much to turn it into something really wow.

Like what old bug did to this.

To turn it into this.

Full story here.

http://www.oldbug.com/heb.htm
vw59beetle
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Enjoyable one

Post by vw59beetle »

Ah so that's what they call it. A wizard roadster. Nothing I would do, but looks a lot better than most home made cabrios.
flatfourfan
Full-time Bug Nutter

Post by flatfourfan »

I've seen some decent ones and its a lot nicer than (like you say) the homemade cabrio's.

The parts for me that kills it is the top of the doors and the cabrio roof.
Muderick
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 65T2 66T1 72T2 73T2

Post by Muderick »

'There is a big difference between genuine Type 14A Hebmullers and well done replica Hebmullers, as opposed to the British Wizard kit.

To the uninformed, the Hebmuller (and replica) and the Wizard are one and the same. They are not as a Hebmuller is one of the most sought after Coachbuilt VW's and command more money than most other ACVW's as they are extremely rare.... a Wizard is just a fibre glass replica in comparison.'

""Hebmuller & Sohn was a coachbuilding company founded in 1899 in the southern town of Wuppertal, just south of Essen. Both before and after World War II, Hebmuller specialized in producing cabriolet versions and luxury models of existing production vehicles from Ford-Taurus and Adam Opel, but immediately after the war, like most other companies in existence, it was desperate for business. Following the economic and monetary reforms of Western Germany in 1948, and coinciding with the 250,000th. Volkswagen Beetle rolling out of the factory, Volkswagen GmbH Managing Director, Heinz Nordhoff, selected two coachbuilding companies to produce a convertible model for production. The company Karmann was asked to build a four-seater model, and Hebmuller was to produce a two-seater roadster. Hebmuller made three prototypes in December of 1948, and after considerable testing and major modifications to the basic Beetle, a pre-production model was shown to Volkswagen.

Nordhoff was pleased and placed an initial order of 2000 vehicles. These would be adaptations of the Volkswagen sedan that VW would supply and subsequently be marketed through Volkswagen distributors as an official variation of the Beetle.The end product, the Type 14A Hebmuller Cabriolet are noted for their attractive flowing lines, effect created by the elongated rear engine lid, which looks very much like the front hood lid. The Hebmuller cars were all based on the "De Luxe or Export" Beetle, as a matter of fact it was the same car from the waistline down. Unlike the Karmann cabriolet, the roof of the Hebmuller car could be folded away behind the rear seat, and with a tonneau cover fitted over it.

The Hebmuller would retail for 7500 Deustch Marks and was available in a variety of colors. Options were black, red and white in solid colors; and in two tone combinations of black & red, black & Yellow and black & ivory. For an extra charge, the customer could choose his own combination.""

Muds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Muderick on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old School or Bust!
flatfourfan
Full-time Bug Nutter

Post by flatfourfan »

Muderick wrote:There is a big difference between genuine Type 14A Hebmullers and well done replica Hebmullers, as opposed to the British Wizard kit.

To the uninformed, the Hebmuller (and replica) and the Wizard are one and the same. They are not as a Hebmuller is one of the most sought after Coachbuily VW's and command more money than most other ACVW's as they are extremely rare.... a Wizard is just a fibre glass replica in comparison.
You have to be a blind gynecologist who's lip reading to even think that a Wizard Roadster is a Heb..........

Who exactly are you calling uninformed? Myself or Wernher?
Muderick
Donor
Donor

Post by Muderick »

Deep breaths there Gary :lol: ...Of course I know you and Wernher, and many others here would know the difference between the two...

I think the author meant this as a general statement to the uninformed. Hence, his statement should only offend the uninformed and then only if they knew that they were not informed!! :lol:

This is why I added the inverted commas to indicate my post as being quoted, and an exerpt off the internet to be exact.

@Paul, thanks for being informed and not being offended. :oops: :D

Muds

Old School or Bust!
flatfourfan
Full-time Bug Nutter

Post by flatfourfan »

lolz..............I thought that the first part was a comment from you.........
Muderick
Donor
Donor

Post by Muderick »

No Worries G!

Old School or Bust!
fig
Bus Driver
What model do you have?: Type 2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/258896479219/
South Africa

Post by fig »

I saw a wizard style Beetle roadster on a flatbed tow truck in Melville last week. I couldn't be bothered to photograph it ...
fig
Kaapse Kombi Kult

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." -- Henry Ford
flatfourfan
Full-time Bug Nutter

Post by flatfourfan »

^^^^
That's the spirit.
buggyfan
Long Block
What model do you have?: lwb beachbuggy
South Africa

Post by buggyfan »

There used to be a genuine Hebmullerin S.A owned by the founder of Volkspares ...http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... =1&t=10238
http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... tt#p269451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eben
Site Admin
What model do you have?: None
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ebenve
Slovakia

Post by eben »

buggyfan wrote:There used to be a genuine Hebmullerin S.A owned by the founder of Volkspares ...http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... =1&t=10238
Here's the article about it: http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 48&t=15510