Pictures of your car/s
Forum rules
Only post pictures of YOUR cars here.
ValieVW
Oil Leak
What model do you have?: 74 Bus

Re: My new T2A

Post by ValieVW »

Hi Yohbie, just to give my two sents here, I have a bus with a 1600TP motor in there and it does 0 - 100 in ...... well it does 0 - 100. and it cruises along at 100 on the highway and up to 120 on the downhill, what a rush. In my oppinion I won't change it, the sound is half the charm and secondly when I get in I am already relaxed because I have to stop being in a hurry, no choice. Enjoy your bus.

flatfourfan
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Speedster Replica

Post by flatfourfan »

DO yourself a favour, the bus has already been cut for a water-cooled engine, so keep it that way so that you can enjoy her for a while. Great choice the 2.0 8v, linked with MP9, it's 100% plug and play.

It's not about speed with the 8v, it's about torque and lowdown power.

You're not going to kill any re-sale value on the bus as the cutting has already been done. You can change the cooling set-up to get the nose back to stock.

Awesome bus, nice and clean........
yohbie
Oil Stain
What model do you have?: '70 Bay Window

Post by yohbie »

Bugger wrote:
yohbie wrote:@Golfmad I'm going to use EFI. Regarding the 2E or ADY I cant seem to get information on the difference between the two engines? :? From what I can see they are basically the same?

@NTO I'm getting rid of that radiator thing ASAP. The only problem is that big hole I need to fix then. I need to get the front of a trashed bus... :zhelp:
i got a Low light front nose panel from a Spares bus we cut and will let it go for about R1000 which is very cheap
@ Bugger, thank you for the front end to fix my bus. really appreciated :D .