Porche price?

Porsche and replica Porsche posts over here.
vw59beetle
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: Enjoyable one

Re: Porche price?

Post by vw59beetle »

I must agree with you flatfourfan. A 356 chassis and body is one unit, not like the beetle , where the body can be taken off.

AirPower
Clutch
What model do you have?: 2008 Buggy

Post by AirPower »

flatfourfan wrote:Looking at that last picture, I can pretty much say that it's not a replica built on an orignal body. But a full blown replica like all the others out there.

Handbrake lever is a dead giveaway. Plus............erm isn't the 356 a unibody? It's not the same as a beetle. Maybe I'm wrong though. If the center channel is round like a beetles and not flat and square then it's deff not, just can't see it from the pics though.
You are probably correct in that regard, I'm only relaying the information I received from the salesperson.
I was also told that it had 4 X disc brakes as though this was unique, but then, so does my buggy.

Don't get me wrong, I adore the 356 and was willing to buy this, but putting the Golf motor in there, tells me the builder went for "quick and easy" and I'm still wondering about the radiator.
Eben said: "ACVW's are made of logic."
Bugger said: "I am happy with the drum brakes when done right as this will be used rarely"

"If it can't be fixed with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem" said by someone.
flatfourfan
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: Speedster Replica

Post by flatfourfan »

AirPower wrote: You are probably correct in that regard, I'm only relaying the information I received from the salesperson.
I was also told that it had 4 X disc brakes as though this was unique, but then, so does my buggy.

Don't get me wrong, I adore the 356 and was willing to buy this, but putting the Golf motor in there, tells me the builder went for "quick and easy" and I'm still wondering about the radiator.
No worries, wasn't questioning your info side of things......and I pretty much got the impression that you were just relaying information. :D

Just a quick note on the golf motor, honestly, if this conversion is done right, then it's deff not cheap and easy. Adapter plate, clutch kit, engine, fuel pump, fuel lines as well as radiator lines will easily set you back R15 000. I'm doing the same in my speedster, for the long term results and availibility of parts. I have to admit the the engine side of the one for sale does look neat, with the exception of the hole cut in the firewall for the air intake pipe to go through, (there are better and neater ways of doing this).

Once the bonnet is open however, it'll give you a better idea of how it was done as you'll be able to see the radiator mounting as from the front I don't see any scoops. I've seen a few where the nose is literally chopped and hacked up to get a massive radiator to fit, with not much thought being given to finishing it off.

My estimate on this car is maybe half of what the owner wants.