36 DRLA for my combi

Ask and give advice here
calooker
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 77 SP

Post by calooker »

Yes that's me, I live in Kenilworth, I remember it was a few years ago, I bumped into Neville about 18 months ago when I was out training on my bike, we didn't get to talk much cause he was unable to keep up with the bunch. That convertible you sold is still sitting on bricks in the rain at my buddy, where we left it all that time ago, what a pity, did you get to finish the split bus, where is it now? and Neville did he get to finish his 50's bug? Damn it is a small world, maybe we can get together some time. What else have you been up to? Check out my web page you will see what I have been up to http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2149828/1

For what it's worth, ignorance has no limits ......
MELLO YELLOW
Valve
What model do you have?: 71 Bug, 69 Westfalia

Post by MELLO YELLOW »

Sh.. t it is a small world, Neville and I are still in daily contact in fact I spoke o him about half an hour ago. I remember that day on the bike when we could not keep up with you guys the thing is that we only do a bit of recreational cycling just to keep fit, as far as the 50s beetle goes he got rid of that but has aquired his brothers beetle and it really does look good nothing fancy though. I finally got the split bus finished just need to get it licensed roadworthy and onto my name. This is the motor that I want to fit the 36 Dellortos.

I would like to paste pics of my bus and baja/beech buggy (dont know what to call it really) but I am not to clued up on how to do this. So far I have figuered out how to take a pic with my phone and send it to the works Email.

I have checked the web page and I must say it is AWESOME.

We should really try and get together some time

Cheers
Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Post by Tony Z »

when you decide to take the case apart, and it doesnt open, dont force it. There is a nut, above the sump, near the bellhousing that is usually so covered in dirt that you dont see it, undo this one and then the case comes apart much easier.
MELLO YELLOW
Valve
What model do you have?: 71 Bug, 69 Westfalia

Post by MELLO YELLOW »

NOTED ... Thanks