Forum rules
Only post pictures of YOUR cars here.
markjacobs2
Drip
What model do you have?: 1969 Bus

SuperDub '69 Baywindow.

Post by markjacobs2 »

Hi there all.

Ok, so it aint a splitty, but she is mine none the less, :wink: it itook some serious blood, sweat, swearing, cash, crying, fussing and screaming to get her to this point, and all i can say is, ALMOST DONE.

I started with a standard bus, ugly brown and very faded white roof (i will load the pics soon) but by far the worst part was the 1500 single port motor, you needed to time this thing with a calendar :oops: .

This is where the story really begins, i took it to Beetle Engineering, in Alberton, Clives place, :evil: ....... let me just say right off, the biggest mistake i ever made in my life........ EVER, that is where the crying and swearing comes in.

Anyway, moving on, building a bridge, if you want more information on the subject, you may contact me directly on 0725244901, i will tell all, be warned, not nice to hear.

So after getting it back and having the motor totalllllllly pack up, totalllllllly, costing me a further R8600.00 :shock: for another motor, which is the BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE, :hangloose: and should have done in the beginning.

Here she is, and she rocks, I love driving her, i love going camping with her, i love the faces of the people that see her.

Ride on man.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by markjacobs2 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

Dutch_Diver
Full-time Bug Nutter
What model do you have?: 64 bus & 63 Bug
Facebook: www.facebook.com/people/Frank-Van-Hoof/576686903

Re: SuperDub '69 Baywindow.

Post by Dutch_Diver »

We need pictures! Welcome too!!
"MO" - 1965 Splitscreen bus --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... =37&t=9305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"BOBBIE" - 1963 Beetle --> http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 23&t=11338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

Welcome here Mark.

Please post the pics soon.
Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
ChrisG
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: None

Post by ChrisG »

Hi Mark, nice bay. Is it still up for sale? I'm keen to see some more pics of the interior and engine bay
http://thegreatadventurer.com
Twitter: @TGadventure
markjacobs2
Drip

Post by markjacobs2 »

hi there guys

thanks for the welcome, i am torn between the thought of selling, can you give me an idea of market related prices?
ChrisG
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: None

Post by ChrisG »

Well lately there hasn't been a lot of luck with selling, if you don't have to I would say keep it. Its such a nice bay, 1 of a kind
http://thegreatadventurer.com
Twitter: @TGadventure
Chris
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Beach Buggy

Post by Chris »

That is a nice Bay.You can get Bays now from around R10 000 up to around R45 000.Depending on condition.

What were you thinking of getting for yours?
Damn,I'm good!
Beach Buggy (Running and now Aircooled!)
VW TDi DC
Jetta V TDi
markjacobs2
Drip

Post by markjacobs2 »

Quite right indeed, I am under no pressure to sell, I do not have to in other words, I guess it will take a mean offer to pry her out of my hands.

I look froward to seeing you all on Sunday at the picnic.