A great idea for rear speakers in a Beetle

In Car Entertainment
Pine
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: Oil on the driveway

A great idea for rear speakers in a Beetle

Post by Pine »

:hangloose:
Gary0302 wrote:After first considering mounting a tray/shelf for my rear speakers behind the back seat, I decided that I wanted something that was portable, with the option of moving them around if the need struck me to do so. I first started looking around for some sort of vintage red suitcase (to match my red interior), but after looking at possibilities, I decided to go into a different direction.

I found a perfectly-sized Adidas duffle bag at Dick’s Sporting Goods. The bag itself measures 24” long, 12” wide and 13” high. I have filled it with a combination of ¾” closed cell foam and upholstery foam that I had left over from another project.

The white 6.5” Sony Marine Speakers are not just attached to the side material by itself; they are actually mounted on MDF riser rings that are attached to ¼” hardboard. This hardboard is sandwiched in between 2 layers of the ¾” closed cell foam; the outer piece has circular cutouts to accept the MDF riser rings so that the side of the bag around the speakers is soft.

I also used a plastic container (minus lid) to help fill up the center section. The speaker wires exit the bag through a grommet in the lower back. I have enough length of speaker wire to set the bag in the rear seat or even on my roof, if needed.

64caldub wrote:makes a good cooler to :lol:
:lol: :drunks:

Bushpig
Crankshaft
What model do you have?: 1956, 1957 and 70's

Re: A great idea for rear speakers in a Beetle

Post by Bushpig »

Great idea, could also look cool in a old Coke cooler box 8)
2BugMe
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: 1974 Type1

Re: A great idea for rear speakers in a Beetle

Post by 2BugMe »

where does the beers go duh....

:hangloose:
Drive fast, Drive safe, Have Fun