What model do you have?: 1974 1600S Beatle

VW Beetle 1600S 1974, Love Machine

Post by chop007 »

arnocill
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: beamish buggy

Re: VW Beetle 1600S 1974, Love Machine

Post by arnocill »

Don't your engine have a bad oil leak with that type of breathing system you're running?
MarshallGTi
Camshaft
What model do you have?: GTi 16v

Post by MarshallGTi »

what kinda paint did u use for all that gold? i like how it looks...
Ryan Marshall

An ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place

My Bug http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopi ... 37&t=25752" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beetlepower
Twin Port
What model do you have?: Beetle, Squareback
South Africa

Post by beetlepower »

I think its the gold from a rattle can...
'NO TYRE SHALL BE LEFT UNSMOKED'

@reubenvn on twitter
https://www.instagram.com/elbowgreasemonkeyza/
chop007
Drip

Post by chop007 »

Awesome, yeh, no oil leaks at all. The paint has a aluminium component and comes in specialized cans that you can hold and spray at any angle. The gold was just for the engine bay and the breather system was a custom I got from a buddy of mine, took some fine tuning but in the end she is now about 35 percent more fuel efficient and goes like the wind. I found the old pancake filter just did not rock my world in the looks department. The main thing when using this type of paint is to ensure you strip everything, completely, then make sure there is no rust at all before you start spraying. Luckily I got the Beetle from an old guy and he had it in his garage up in JHB and it was standing for like 15 years, so when I got her, she did not even have one spot of rust. Thanks for the great replies this is an awesome website, wish I found it sooner. God Bless all.
chop007
Drip

Post by chop007 »

Awesome, yeh, no oil leaks at all. The paint has a aluminium component and comes in specialized cans that you can hold and spray at any angle. The gold was just for the engine bay and the breather system was a custom I got from a buddy of mine, took some fine tuning but in the end she is now about 35 percent more fuel efficient and goes like the wind. I found the old pancake filter just did not rock my world in the looks department. The main thing when using this type of paint is to ensure you strip everything, completely, then make sure there is no rust at all before you start spraying. Luckily I got the Beetle from an old guy and he had it in his garage up in JHB and it was standing for like 15 years, so when I got her, she did not even have one spot of rust. Thanks for the great replies this is an awesome website, wish I found it sooner. God Bless all.