Electronic in-tank Diesel Pump

Non ACVW models.
Hloni
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: It was a '75.

Electronic in-tank Diesel Pump

Post by Hloni »

Hi mense,
So my ol' man's 2004 Merc A180cdi (w169) had a transplant, wasn't starting and diagnostic reads "low pressure rail" or something like that. The vehicle has 2 pumps, 1 at the tank, and one at the injectors.

Seemingly the one down at the tank is tired, replacement part is in excess of R7k. Can one fit, in line, one of those aftermarket ones that develop the same pressure, or is this not advisable? I'm suggesting it fits close to the tank, but mechanic not in favour of them :oops: I see guys like Mr Turbo sell these universal pumps.

"Volkswagen customers want a relationship with their cars. Names like The Thing, Beetle, Fox, and Rabbit support this" - Kerri Martin
Terry Phillips
Fuel Injection
What model do you have?: T3,1beetle
Zambia

Re: Electronic in-tank Diesel Pump

Post by Terry Phillips »

My advice to you would be to get a Bosch agent to check it out as when you start trying to outsmart the system you end up spending 3 times more.they have the equipment to test these fuel systems and can actually save you money.My 2cents worth It could just be a R100 part thats faulty.
splitfan
Carburettor
What model do you have?: 56,71,75
South Africa

Post by splitfan »

If you send me the vin number I can confirm if we stock the pump you need .
Jacques
My biggest fear is that my wife sells my cars for what i told her they cost !!
Hloni
Exhaust Pipe
What model do you have?: It was a '75.

Post by Hloni »

splitfan wrote:If you send me the vin number I can confirm if we stock the pump you need .
Jacques
Hi Jacques, we were able to source the pump from the breakers, and car running now.
I do however need suspension and engine mountings - wouldn't be wise getting these at the breakers I think, thus need new OEM our close to OEM s possible - would love the polythene stuff to be honest as diesel is a tad hard on the mountings with all the vibrating and weight.
VIN number is WDD1690072J255693
"Volkswagen customers want a relationship with their cars. Names like The Thing, Beetle, Fox, and Rabbit support this" - Kerri Martin