Panel Suppliers in SA

Post general ACVW topics here
Forum rules
If its not ACVW related, post it in Off Topic.
Limestone
Drip
What model do you have?: 1976 Beetle
Malta

Panel Suppliers in SA

Post by Limestone »

Hi All,

Newbie here, both to the forum and to restoration, although I have owned several beetles before. Also newish to South Africa having previously lived jn the UK.

I have just bought a 1976 beetle with a few rust spots and I am trying to decide whether to buy panels or make them myself with sheet metal.

If I opt to get pre-made panels, where would I get them from? Is there a good supllier in SA or would I have to import?

Thanks for your help!!

Tony Z
Donor
Donor
What model do you have?: 2.3L 69; 1302; P/Van
Location: Klipheuwel (near Durbanville), Cape Town or working at sea
South Africa

Re: Panel Suppliers in SA

Post by Tony Z »

Welcome to South Africa.
The first thing you need to learn is that this isnt the UK - we dont have access to new panels and parts the way that the UK or USA does. There is someone who imports panels, but I cannot remember who. Also, please do your homework before sending out your vehicle for "professional work", there are plenty people who talk the talk but dont do what is promised.
Good luck and welcome to sunny SA (maybe not sunny today, but we also need the rain)
sean
Transmission
What model do you have?: Bays & Splits
South Africa

Re: Panel Suppliers in SA

Post by sean »

Hi.

You can check Volkspares. They have a website. It will be imported parts and I'm not sure what they stock for Beetle's, but take a look.

You can also check out Vintage Kombi's in PE. I know they mainly focus on busses, but perhaps they do have beetles.